I’m not a fan at all of people paying for courses, gurus, indicators, chat signals, etc. I am very much of the mindset you should each individually learn to trade. Figure it out. Think long term. Paying some random person for signals or an indicator won’t last the test of time.
Everything below is free. Some have additional paid things, but there’s tons of value in the free stuff. I personally haven’t paid for any course or learning. Everything I learned from free content on YouTube, and scouring trading forums.
My Free Futures Trading Course
I made a full free course traders. It’s both basic trading information, as well as depth of market specific trading information which is how I trade. If you’d like to learn to trade like I do by using Jigsaw Daytradr trading the US treasuries, be sure to look specifically at Page 4 which is all my trade set ups.
I want to emphasize that it is 100% free. There’s no upsells or anything. Nothing on my site is for sale, I am passionate about giving back to the trading community any way I can.
Articles I’ve Written
Over the years I’ve written 100’s of articles. You can find them several ways.
I created a summary page of some of the best: Futures Trading Information – List of Articles. These aren’t ALL of my articles but a great starting point, grouped by category. As well you can just go to Articles here and see a list of every single article by date. Lastly, you can use the search tool found near the bottom of my page to look for a specific topic.
John Grady & No BS Day Trading
- No BS Day Trading Website: https://www.nobsdaytrading.com/
- No BS Day Trading YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoBSDayTrading
I learned basically my entire trading strategy from watching John trade. He has plenty of free content. He has also done webinars with Peter Davies (below) and with Futures.io (below).
John is a scalper of the treasuries primarily using Jigsaw Daytradr. His style won’t be for everyone.
I was able to interview John Grady mid 2022, and I had a fantastic time learning more about John Grady as a trade, his life and how his trading has evolved.
Peter Davies & Jigsaw Daytrading
- Jigsaw Trading: https://www.jigsawtrading.com/
- Jigsaw Trading on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/jigsawtrading
Peter developed Jigsaw many years ago, and it only continues to get better over time. It is primarily an order flow, depth of market, scalping tool. If you like fancy charts with lots of indicators, this won’t be for you. It’s the software I exclusively use for scalping the US treasuries.
Now I realize forums are a bit of a thing of the past, but these 2 trading specific forums have large communities and are a wealth of knowledge.
- https://www.Futures.io – an online forum of traders. They also do free webinars frequently.
- Futures.io YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzHsd2fbLueDSfRunb1DmA
- https://www.EliteTrader.com – an online forum of traders.
A Traders Life Podcast
Nicholas Penrake talks to successful traders about their background, how they got into trading, and their trading process.
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-traders-life/id1533063285
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/7CKJlNY1J9mL6ILas9z2AD
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xMjMxNzcyLnJzcw==
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAk90tk6Je_X8LT7Qzh__g/videos
Chat With Traders Podcast
If you aren’t a podcast type of person, I suggest you become one. Aaron has been doing Chat With Traders for years, and currently has well over 200 episodes, most are about 1 hour. You will learn from veteran traders. Below are links to my top episodes, I have them all saved and listen to them often. You can subscribe to Chat With Traders in all the usual podcast methods (Spotify, etc) and/or listen directly on their site, or their YouTube channel.
- Ep 086: Jared Tendler – Poker and Trading Coach
- Ep 065: Dr. Brett Steenbarger – Famous Trading Psychologist
- Ep 062: Tracy Schuchart @ChiGrl – Oil Trader
- Ep 106: Turney Duff – Prior Wall Street Trader
- Ep 199: Best of Trading Psychology – Part 1
- Ep 200: Best of Trading Psychology – Part 2
- Ep 188: Best of Risk Management – Part 1
- Ep 189: Best of Risk Management – Part 2
- Ep 148: John Grady – Trading The Order Book
- Ep 037: FuturesTrader71 – Famous Trader
- Ep 082: FuturesTrader71 – Become The Trader You Wish
- Ep 163: John Rambo Moulton – 40+ Year Pit Trader
Episode 163 with John Rambo Moulton is also available on YouTube as it was a live interview in front of an audience. I highly recommend it, there is a mountain of useful tidbits in it.
Below are some books I’ve read and recommend. Find them on Amazon, or check out your local library. As well Audible has audio book versions of most of these as well. I wrote more about Best Books on Trader Psych here.
- The Playbook by Mike Bellafiore
- One Good Trade by Mike Bellafiore
- Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas
- Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- Mental Game of Trading by Jared Tendler
Mindset & Psychology
- Breaking The Habit of Being You by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Mindset by Carol Dwyck
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Oil 101 by Morgan Downey – Crude Oil traders I highly recommend this
Futures and forex trading contains substantial risk and is not for every investor. An investor could potentially lose all or more than the initial investment. Risk capital is money that can be lost without jeopardizing ones’ financial security or life style. Only risk capital should be used for trading and only those with sufficient risk capital should consider trading. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Hypothetical Performance Disclosure:
Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations, some of which are described below. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown; in fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particular trading program. One of the limitations of hypothetical performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of hindsight. In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk, and no hypothetical trading record can completely account for the impact of financial risk of actual trading. for example, the ability to withstand losses or to adhere to a particular trading program in spite of trading losses are material points which can also adversely affect actual trading results. There are numerous other factors related to the markets in general or to the implementation of any specific trading program which cannot be fully accounted for in the preparation of hypothetical performance results and all which can adversely affect trading results.
You can read more here: Risk Disclosure
The external links on my site and in my video descriptions to trader evaluation companies and software companies are primarily affiliate links. I earn a commission from these companies on any sale made from people visiting these links. That said, I only recommend companies and software I personally use and actually do recommend. Believe me, I turn down a lot of companies who approach me. You can read my full Affiliate Disclosure here.
The content provided is for informational purposes only. I do my best to keep the content current and accurate by updating it frequently. Sometimes the actual data, rules, requirements and other can differ from what’s stated on our website. CanadianFuturesTrader.ca is an independent website. You should always consult the rules, faqs, knowledge base and support of any of the websites and companies we link to or talk about on our site. The information on their site will always be what ultimately dictates the current rules of their program, software or other. While we are independent, we may be compensated for advertisements, sponsored products, or when you click on a link on our website. The contributors and authors are not registered or certified financial advisors. You should consult a financial professional before making any financial decisions.