July 2021 Update
Apteros Trading did a full revamp of their program since I wrote the review below. I’m leaving it up for the time being only because quite a few people find my site through this article, and I want to direct you all to my “July 2021 Apteros Review – A New and Improved Apteros“. They really have entirely changed their offering, and I actually do recommend Apteros Trading now if their model fits for what you are looking for. Personally they aren’t for me.
Original Outdated Review
I was introduced to Apteros Trading and after reviewing their site, I officially believe it to be the worst funded trader program out there. I recently did a video review, which you can watch below. As well my written review follows.
The punchline: I have really nothing nice to say about Apteros Trading. Avoid at all costs.
I was introduced to Apteros Trading today and I have to say it is by far the worst funded trader program possibly on earth.
Some highlights of Apteros Trading The Worst Prop Firm On Earth:
- Bad profit split (60% vs 80% anywhere else)
- $630 Fee (2 months x $315 minimum)
- Also pushing courses for several thousand each
- Long time requirements to force 2 months billing
- Takes about a month to get a funded account AFTER you pass
- $50K account but with $150K account requirements relative to other prop firms
- Only get paid Quarterly
- Have to ask to be approved to trade certain products
- Horrible condescending attitude towards their competitors
- Arbitrary daily loss limits (which are extraordinarily tight)
- Bonus: They didn’t even come thru with their full funding promise to the trader I talked to
- Bonus: They’ll close your account even if you don’t break a rule
Evaluations Available and Pricing
Info is current as of April 2021.
- 1 account size
- $50,000 buying power
- $10,000 goal
- 30 trading day minimum
- $315 per month, minimum 2 fees will be paid = $630
- Trade a minimum of 30 trading days
- $10,000 goal
- $1,500 daily stop loss
- $4,000 total draw down
Funded Account Rules
Well, what they say and what they do are 2 different stories.
Per the website:
- $4,000 draw down
- Have to be approved to trade specific products
- Daily stop loss is set by them
- One funded trader was only given $2,500
- Stop loss was set at $50 and can only trade micros
- Account was closed without even breaking a rule
Pros of Apteros Trading
- You get free access to Tradervue Gold ($50/month value)
- That’s it.
Cons of Apteros Trading
- Honestly too many to mention but the big, big ones are:
- Quarterly Withdrawals
- Arbitrary draw down rules
- They will cancel your account at will with no rule broken
- $630 fee (2 months x $315)
- Expensive paid courses with next to no actual value in them
- Unprofessional marketing
Unique Standout Features
- Their marketing technique seems to rely heavily on talking down at all other trading programs
- 1.5 months to pass + 1 month to set up funded account
- Quarterly withdraws
Futures and forex trading contains substantial risk and is not for every investor. An investor could potentially lose all or more than the initial investment. Risk capital is money that can be lost without jeopardizing ones’ financial security or life style. Only risk capital should be used for trading and only those with sufficient risk capital should consider trading. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Hypothetical Performance Disclosure:
Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations, some of which are described below. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown; in fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particular trading program. One of the limitations of hypothetical performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of hindsight. In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk, and no hypothetical trading record can completely account for the impact of financial risk of actual trading. for example, the ability to withstand losses or to adhere to a particular trading program in spite of trading losses are material points which can also adversely affect actual trading results. There are numerous other factors related to the markets in general or to the implementation of any specific trading program which cannot be fully accounted for in the preparation of hypothetical performance results and all which can adversely affect trading results.
You can read more here: Risk Disclosure
The external links on my site and in my video descriptions to trader evaluation companies and software companies are primarily affiliate links. I earn a commission from these companies on any sale made from people visiting these links. That said, I only recommend companies and software I personally use and actually do recommend. Believe me, I turn down a lot of companies who approach me. You can read my full Affiliate Disclosure here.
The content provided is for informational purposes only. I do my best to keep the content current and accurate by updating it frequently. Sometimes the actual data, rules, requirements and other can differ from what’s stated on our website. CanadianFuturesTrader.ca is an independent website. You should always consult the rules, faqs, knowledge base and support of any of the websites and companies we link to or talk about on our site. The information on their site will always be what ultimately dictates the current rules of their program, software or other. While we are independent, we may be compensated for advertisements, sponsored products, or when you click on a link on our website. The contributors and authors are not registered or certified financial advisors. You should consult a financial professional before making any financial decisions.